Internet Service

At Spencer View, Graduate Village, and Agate Apartments, there are Ethernet ports that you can use to connect a router or computer. Devices plugged in to the Ethernet ports need to be registered at the ResNet Devices Portal. Internet support is provided by ResNet Services. For more information, submit a service request or call 541-346-4223.

For East Campus Houses and Moon Court, you will need to contact a local internet service provider for access.

Electric and Utility Service

Residents at all locations pay for their electric use and are required to set up electricity service in their name. To start new service (or transfer existing service), please call the Eugene Water and Electric Board (EWEB) at 541-685-7000 or visit their website at eweb.org. The electricity will be on in the unit when you check in. You must transfer it to your name before you move in.

A few East Campus houses have gas furnaces. To start new service (or transfer existing service), call Northwest Natural (NWN) at 800-422-4012 or visit their website. To inquire whether your home or apartment has a gas furnace, contact the Spencer View Service Center at 541-346-5263. Residents at East Campus houses are responsible for their own trash collection and recycling services. New service must be set up before check in.

Breakers must never be shut off. Damages caused as a result of turning off breakers can be substantial and will be assessed to the student account.

A GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) is the small button in the middle of all bathroom electrical outlets and at least one kitchen electrical outlet. If all the bathroom lights go out, the GFCI may have been tripped. Press the GFCI reset button before calling for assistance.

Window air conditioning units are not permitted without prior approval. Residents will be responsible for any building damages that occur as a result of installation or use. A freestanding unit, vented through the window is the only type of unit that may be approved. Window mounted units are permitted only on ground floor units with facilities approval.

Cable Television

Cable television service may be purchased through the local cable provider. The majority of Family Housing and University Apartments are cable-ready. Satellite dishes may be used, however, the facilities manager must approve the installation. Please contact the Spencer View Service Center at 541-346-5263.

Telephone Service

Spencer View, Agate Apartments, and Graduate Village residents may contact Telecommunications Services to begin telephone service. This service is not an included amenity, but can be paid for separately. This is not needed to set up your Ethernet service.

East Campus houses and Moon Court units do not include telephone services however, residents can contact a local provider of their choice.

We urge Family Housing and University Apartments applicants to contact all local utility providers regarding deposit costs, hook-up fees, and monthly estimates as they can vary and may be substantial, especially in winter months.

Cost of Attendance

Cost of attendance is the estimated cost to attend the UO for the academic year. The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships provides estimates for cost of attendance information that goes beyond tuition and fees, and includes: living expenses (housing and food), books/supplies/equipment, transportation, and miscellaneous personal expenses.