All check-ins take place at the Spencer View service center. Be sure to schedule your check-in at least 24 hours before your arrival. To ease your transition into the community, please complete the following items within 24 hours of your check-in appointment.

Paperwork and Contracts

  • Read your tenant handbook and understand the resources and policies contained in it.
  • Check the condition of the unit. Make any notations on the pink copy of the Unit Condition Report provided to you, and return it to the service center at Spencer View. You may be charged upon check-out for any damage and/or abnormal wear-and-tear that is not already noted on the Unit Condition Report.
  • Review and understand your copy of the Family Housing Rental Agreement or Graduate Village Contract.


Unit keys are issued only to adult tenants who are listed on the rental agreement. Lost keys will result in a lock change. Lock change fees are $40 for unit keys and $25 for mailbox keys.

Utilities: Water, Electricity, and Natural Gas

  • Call Eugene Water and Electric Board and have the utilities put in your name within 72 hours.
  • Residents at all locations pay for their electric use and are required to set up electricity service in their name. To start new service (or transfer existing service), please call the Eugene Water and Electric Board (EWEB) at 541-685-7000 or visit their website at The electricity will be on in the unit when you check in. You must transfer it to your name before you move in.
  • A few East Campus houses have gas furnaces. To start new service (or transfer existing service), call Northwest Natural (NWN) at 800-422-4012 or visit their website. To inquire whether your home or apartment has a gas furnace, contact the Spencer View service center at 541-346-5263. Residents at East Campus houses are responsible for their own trash collection and recycling services. New service must be set up before check in.
  • Breakers must never be shut off. Damages caused as a result of turning off breakers can be substantial and will be assessed to the student account.
  • A GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) is the small button in the middle of all bathroom electrical outlets and at least one kitchen electrical outlet. If all the bathroom lights go out, the GFCI may have been tripped. Press the GFCI reset button before calling for assistance.
  • Window air conditioning units are not permitted without prior approval. Residents will be responsible for any building damages that occur as a result of installation or use. A freestanding unit vented through the window is the only type of unit that may be approved. Window mounted units are permitted only on ground floor units with facilities approval.

Parking and Mailbox

  • A parking permit authorization will be provided at your check-in. Complete this form and turn it into UO Transportation Services within 72 hours of move in. You will be issued a parking permit that must be displayed in any vehicle parked in your assigned parking space. 
  • Mailbox keys will be issued to the residents upon check-in. A charge will be assessed to the resident for replacing lost mailbox keys. 
  • Find your mailbox, open it, and write the names of all members of the household on the slip of paper inside. Place the paper back in the mailbox, shut, and lock the door. This tells the post office that new tenants have arrived and that your mail can be safely left in that mailbox.

Parking in Apartments and Houses and for Move-In

  • Space for portable moving containers or to maneuver oversized trucks is not available for most housing types. 
  • Semi-trailer trucks cannot enter and exit any apartment parking spaces or access roads. 
  • An email request is required two weeks in advance for portable containers. A single container must fit within an assigned parking space with a three-day maximum for delivery and pickup. 


All laundry facilities have high-efficiency card-operated machines. We recommend students use a high-efficiency liquid detergent. We do not recommend the use of pod detergents.

  • Spencer View, Agate Apartments, Graduate Village, and Moon Court Apartments have access to on-site card-operated laundry machines.
  • For all apartments an empty laundry card is issued at check-in. Adding money to the card may be done by visiting an add value station located outside the housing service center at Hamilton, the Living-Learning Center lobby area, Global Scholars Hall, or the Spencer View service center. These machines accept cash, credit, or debit.
  • Students living in most East Campus houses have machine hook-ups in their homes, but need to provide their own machines. Residents of the East Campus houses are not issued a laundry card.

Trash, Recycling

  • Find the trash and recycling sites closest to your unit. For East Campus houses, contact a trash and recycling provider to arrange services.
  • Contact the Spencer View service center at 541‑346‑5263 for any questions about these steps.

Cable Television

Cable television service may be purchased through the local cable provider. The majority of Family Housing and University Apartments are cable-ready. Satellite dishes may be used, however, the facilities manager must approve the installation. Please contact the Spencer View service center at 541-346-5263.

Telephone Service

Spencer View, Agate Apartments, and Graduate Village residents may contact Telecommunications Services to begin telephone service. This service is not an included amenity, but can be paid for separately. This is not needed to set up your Ethernet service.

East Campus houses and Moon Court units do not include telephone services however, residents can contact a local provider of their choice.

We urge Family Housing and University Apartments applicants to contact all local utility providers regarding deposit costs, hook-up fees, and monthly estimates as they can vary and may be substantial, especially in winter months.

Household Changes

Any changes in the people living in the unit must be reported to the Spencer View service center immediately. New roommates must be approved by University Housing prior to residing in the apartment. This approval may take up to two weeks. Residents can check the Family Housing and University Apartments Facebook page for other students looking for an eligible roommate. Guest and visitor stays are limited to one week without prior approval.

Cost of Attendance

Cost of attendance is the estimated cost to attend the UO for the academic year. The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships provides estimates for cost of attendance information that goes beyond tuition and fees, and includes: living expenses (housing and food), books/supplies/equipment, transportation, and miscellaneous personal expenses.